Events and Commercialisation
Children's Events Team
Liverpool ONE is bringing back its popular dinosaur augmented reality app and we’re looking for fun, child friendly people to promote the app to families and help them play.
The augmented reality app allows children to hatch dinosaurs from model eggs situated around Liverpool ONE and they can see the dinosaurs walking around the streets through their phone camera in the app. Children can exercise and feed their dinosaur to make it happy and strong to win the duel with other dinosaurs and get to the head of the leader board.
Ideally, you’d like dinosaurs and get into the spirit of things making children believe you are a real Dinosaur Park Ranger! You could be taking families on hunts to find the eggs, telling them about our model dinosaurs and how you managed to capture them when they escaped! Use your imagination but training and a uniform will be provided.
You can find out more about last year’s Dinosaur Unleashed here: https://www.liverpool-one.com/things-to-do/spring/dinosaurs-unleashed/
Your role during Dinosaurs Unleashed:
• Greet families in Liverpool ONE, tell them about the dinosaur app.
• Act as a charismatic, child-friendly park ranger so that even if a child can’t download the app themselves they have a great experience of dinosaurs at Liverpool ONE.
• Take small groups of children with their parents on a trail around Liverpool ONE to some of the dinosaur eggs. These are not organised trails, you can just start leading a willing family on a dinosaur egg hunt and others will join.
• Demonstrate the app to families using a computer tablet that you will be provided with and show them in a fun and exciting way how to hatch, feed and walk their dinosaur (training given, you don’t need to be too tech-savvy!)
• Tell children interesting facts and stories about dinosaurs (info/script provided)
• Solve any basic problems with the app on users’ phones (training given)
• Give directions and general information about Liverpool ONE (training given)
You will not be expected to take responsibility for children, as they all need to be accompanied by an adult.
After Dinosaurs Unleashed you may have the chance to be involved in our summer events which are currently top secret but have previously included sports and a giant slide from one level of South John Street to the ground so you will be welcoming families and facilitating such activities.
For Dinosaurs Unleashed you will be required to work during the following dates, mostly 12pm – 4pm but please see the attached form to indicate your availability. You can choose the number of days to suit you, but you need to attend the training on 2 April.
• Training 2 April (mandatory)
• Shifts available daily from 3 - 19 April 2020 (Easter holidays)
• Weekends of 25-26 April, 2-3 May, and 8, 9, 10 May
• After this there could be further dates during the summer
This is a zero hour contract. This role is paid at £9.30 per hour. You must be over the age of 18. The role is suitable for all genders. A park ranger uniform will be provided to fit and training on the app and dinosaur facts will be given.
Liverpool ONE will undertake a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service criminal record check).
Application deadline: 1 March 2020
Applicants should be able to attend one of the following interviews:
Monday 9 March 4pm
Tuesday 10 March 10am
Work starts on 2 April 2020.
Please complete the availability form as part of your application and send to email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Infrastructure Engineer (12 Month Fixed Term)
Liverpool ONE is a remarkable environment to work in, live in and visit. With over 170 stores, bars and restaurants, a 14-screen cinema complex, an indoor adventure golf course and an award winning five-acre park. It all comes together in one world-class destination, with outstanding teamwork, leadership and a shared sense of purpose.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that IT systems (hardware and software) and infrastructure are maintained and developed to provide the operating environment to support current and future needs of the company. Ensure the efficient running of the company’s IT functions, including its helpdesk, network and general business software.
As a ONE Team member, you will enjoy all the benefits of what makes Liverpool ONE such a great place to work. We are an Investors in People Silver employer that puts development, recognition and celebration of success at the forefront of what we do. More detail on what it is like to work at Liverpool ONE can be found on our website https://www.liverpool-one.com/our-business/careers/
If you think this is the right opportunity for you and you want to be proud of where you work, don't hesitate to submit your application by 27 February 2020.
This post is for a 12-month Fixed Term position (full time).
Interviews will be held on the following dates:
- 1st Stage: 3 March
- 2nd Stage: 6 March